President Trump addressed the community of nations in APEC on November 10, 2017 from Da Nang Vietnam. It was a great speech! He began by praising Vietnam as having one of the fasted growing economies on earth. He also praised other nations for their growing economies. I would highly recommend watching and listening to the speech. Here are the highlights:
- Trump emphasized that “your home is your legacy.”
- He said, “You have forged partnerships based on mutual respect and directed toward mutual gain.”
- He encouraged nations to “strengthen the bonds of friendship and commerce.”
- He encouraged nations to treat others fairly.
- He said, “We [the U.S.] will not be taken advantage of anymore.”
- The United States will put our country first as all countries should put their country first.
- An emphasis on mutual respect and mutual benefit.
- All must play by the rules.
At the end of Trump’s speech he encouraged the nations to value freedom for all. He testified that for Americans, independence and freedom is what inspires us.
The participating APEC economies are: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, China, Hong Kong–China, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Chinese Taipei, Thailand, United States, and Vietnam. Mar 15, 2017
Do to others as you would have them do to you. Luke 6:31